TUESDAY BIARRITZ, BAIONA and SAN JUAN DE LUZ
Departure from San Sebastian at 9:30 am from Frantzia Pasealekua 21. First we will visit Biarritz, known for its famous beaches, therapeutic waters and its surfer scene is a place where restaurants and luxury spas live in harmony with quiet pizza stalls and surf shops. The city is formed mostly by bourgeois houses and mansions, used by the wealthiest as holiday homes. This touch of luxury balances perfectly with the surfer culture, more relaxed and carefree, which also has a long tradition in Biarritz.
Later we will approach Baiona, located at the northernmost point of the French Basque Country, where the Nive / Errobi and Adur / Aturri rivers meet, is the urban center of Bayonne ("Baiona" in Euskera). Thanks to the river Adur that connects Bayonne with the Gulf of Bizkaia, the city has benefited throughout its history from a strategic commercial position. Baiona grew thanks to the fishing industry of whales and cod, as well as thanks to the Basque sailors who returned from distant lands with spices and other riches. This influx of money financed many of the city's buildings, including its imposing Gothic cathedral. Lunch.
We will finish the visit in San Juan de Luz, where we will see many of the buildings that date from the 17th century, when Saint Jean de Luz was one of the most important fishing ports in France. Although the seventeenth century was a time of transition, when the main economic activity went from fishing to what was essentially piracy, as the town became the base of the Basque corsairs. These corsairs pursued the enemies of France at sea, plundering them with the King's blessing. Short technical stop in San Sebastian to leave travelers and then to Pamplona to arrive about 18:30 (approx).
DEPARTURE TIMES 2018-2019
Tuesdays from 9th January 2018 to March the 12th 2019 (Consult Holy Week, Christmas and Holidays).
Prices from 2 pers: 120 €/pers
- Transport according to the group's composition in luxury minivans or coaches. When confirming the excursion, the place and time of collection will be confirmed.
- Lunch (drinks not included).
- Companion Guide. For groups of less than 15 people, you can be a driver-guide. In some cases we can have local guides and chauffeur-accompanist.
- Information material about the trip.
- Basic Travel Assistance Insurance.
- Travel Assistance Insurance with cancellation.
- All personal expenses like drinks, tips, etc...
- Any other expenses not specified in the program and not mentioned as included.
- Visits may be modified by changes of the entities to be visited, due to weather conditions, causes beyond our control or by programming adjustments.
- Children between 2 and 12 years old must be accompanied by adults.
- Groups with less than 20 people visits may vary in content as well as form, having to accommodate / adjust to the regular visits that are made in the places to visit.